Craftaholics Anonymous Semi-Annual Gift Exchange

Craftaholics Anonymous Semi-Annual Gift Exchange

This year I finally got involved in Craftaholics Anonymous' Semi-Annual Gift Exchange.  It has been sooooo much fun becoming acquainted with other bloggers and crafters! The enrollment deadline date for this exchange was June 8th with a date of July 1st to mail the gifts and is open until July 31st. I was given a secret friend to exchange with.  I was able to secretively ask her questions and she was able to do the same. She likes owls and star trek and the color pink. It has been so much fun learning about her interests and crafting for her! Because we were partnered up together, I was her secret pal and she was mine. Not too mysterious but fun all the same.

 I received my homemade crafted gift from her yesterday in the mail:


I just love them! A set of four country coasters for my ranch home, a gardening journal for my love of gardening and a super cute handmade card with a sweet note inside and her business card. She's very crafty and they are absolutely adorable!  Thank you Katie!!!

I am mailing my package out to Katie tomorrow.  It took me a little more time to decide what to craft for her. I work full time at home for an electrical company as an office administrator, keep a clean, well-organized home, have a 16 year old and a twelve year old still at home and help run the family ranch. But I love to craft! This is what I came up with for Katie:


Sorry, it's sideways, my husband just came in for supper :) 

Katie's favorite color is pink and her last name starts with the letter "S", so I crafted her last name initial and added some bling and a cute owl that I hope she loves. She can hang it on a wall, put it on a wreath or set it on a shelf. I also sewed together a cute owl and put it on a keychain for her.  I created a cute card and inserted my business card with a sweet note. I really hope she likes them! (I will post the instructions to these crafts in the next few days).

I will definitely enter again in the fall for the next upcoming craft gift exchange. The price is $0.00 but I was in charge of the mailing expenses. Minimal for the fun this has been. I just had to create a profile on www.elfster.com and enter the craftaholics gift exchange.  This was my first time, so I entered the summer newbies 2014. 

I just love the gifts I received and I am so grateful to have made a new friend! I hope she's as excited as I felt when she opens her gifts from me.

If you have any questions or would like to get involved in the next gift exchange which will be December 1st, 2014, clink on this link for craftaholics anonymous' page here http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/gift-exchanges

I'm so glad I did!

Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments: