Little Purple Pansies

Have you heard the old saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"

I just can't help myself. I do love a good tall cold glass occasionally and I do love this old saying. 

Life seems to deal us plenty of lemons. How do we handle those situations?  Do we grunt, groan and complain or do we turn that frown upside down and smile all the while? 

My mom used to sing her favorite primary song to me when I was little.  Little Purple Pansies. I loved this song! :

🎶 Little purple pansies touched with yellow gold. Growing in one corner of the garden old; We are very tiny but must try, try,try. Just one spot to gladden, you and I.
In whatever corner we may chance to grow. Whether cold or warm the wind may ever blow, Dark the day or sunny, we must try, try, try. Just one spot to gladden, you and I. 🎶

As I read the words to this song, it reminds me to be positive, grateful, happy and know that I can brighten my own little corner of the world. I can be forgiving, understanding, patient, respectful, loving and kind. When I try to be more like these good attributes, it becomes contagious and others try to be better too! Let's cause an epidemic of good vibes and let it spread like wildfire! Just maybe we can make this world a better place. 

So, when life gives you lemons, go ahead and make lemonade!

No comments: